417 Gidding St., Suite #100
Clovis, NM 88101
Phone: (575) 763-6016
Fax: (575) 763-3656
Administrative Services Coordinator continually seeks funding for many programs and services offered by Curry County. Some of the successful grants that aid our programs and development of the County include the DWI Programs that have components of Compliance, Prevention, Coordinator, Enforcement and Teen Court, Juvenile Justice that has the truancy and citation programs, Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grant Parents, Wellness Council Services, Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), and several beautification grants.
- Local DWI Distribution: $235,699.00
- Money awarded funds DWI educational material, programs with the Youth Services of Curry County, DWI Checkpoints in Curry County, Staff
- Programs with Youth Services include Protecting You, Protecting Me Program that teaches elementary students the lies of alcohol advertisement and how alcohol and drugs effect the body. Please click here for information
- Teen Court is another program funding by the LDWI. Teen Court is an alternative sentencing system for juvenile who legally are in trouble. Please click here for more information.
- Local DWI Grant: $53,223.00
- Money awarded funds DWI Compliance Officers, Texico Sheriff’s Department, New Mexico State Police and Curry County Sheriff’s Department
- Foster Grandparent Program: $98,294.00
- Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) allows volunteers, ages 55 and older, into the schools to work on-on-one with students who need more attention socially and academically. FGP will reimburse volunteers for the mileage, meals, and a small stipend for hours worked. Please click here for more information.
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program: $33,236.00
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) connects volunteers to work stations where the focus is to better our community through service projects such as delivering meals to those in need, assisting veterans in our area and recruiting more volunteers. RSVP will reimburse volunteers for mileage and meals. Please click here for more information.
- Enforcing Underage Drinking Laws: $10.000.00
- Money awarded funds advertisement to educate those about the penalties for purchasing alcohol for minors, educational materials, seminars for citizens to attend, and other activities
- New Mexico Beautification Grant: $3,500.00
- Beautify median on CAFB Highway
- Remodel of south entrance of Curry County Fairgrounds and Events Center on Brady Street.
- Sponsor youth in Texico, Melrose, Grady and Clovis to conduct trash clean up in their area.
- Juvenile Justice Grant: $72,941.00
- Money awarded funds the Citation Program which averages over 100 youth per year. The Boys Council and Girls Circle are programs that empower and unite youth through researched based methods and positive influence.
- Juvenile Adjudication Grant: $14,000.00
- Money awarded will fund Life Skills classes for juveniles with behavioral problems.
- Healthy Kids Program in the local schools, 5210 Challenge
- Community Development Block Grant: $341,600.00
- Paving two miles of caliche road in the County with chip and seal or hot mix.
- Bulletproof Vest: $2,360.00
- Provides a 50% match to purchase new bulletproof vests for our Sheriff Officers.
- New Mexico Finance Authority: $50,000
- Money awarded will update our 2007 Comprehensive Plan for the County. The Comprehensive Plan gives the County guidance we expand and deal with issues such as water, land use, and economic development.