The Pleasant Hill Volunteer Fire Department was created in 1982 when local citizens determined that a fire department was needed in the Pleasant Hill community. The City of Clovis loaned the department a 1946 American LaFrance fire engine to help the firefighters get started. On September 7, 1983, the Curry County Commission formally created the Pleasant Hill Fire District through Resolution #83-8. The fire district covers approximately 144 square miles. Today, the department continues to provide fire services with an all-volunteer group of twelve firefighters with five pieces of fire apparatus.
Number of stations: 1 main station
Station location: State Road 77 & Curry Road C
ISO Classification: 7
Current New Mexico State Fire Fund Allocation: $80,454.00
Meetings: First and third Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 pm MST