Curry County Clerk's Office - Bureau of Elections
2020 Primary Election
Attention Voters: New Mexico is a Closed Primary State; NM Voters must be registered with one of the following political parties in order to vote in the June 2, 2020 Primary Election: Democrat, Libertarian, or Republican.
The above link will provides access to a public candidate portal administered by the Office of the NM Secretary of State. You may use the drop down options to search by County (or "State" as listed in drop down), Office, and/or Party.
Candidate Filing Day was held March 10, 2020 - 9:00am -5:00pm for all non-preprimary designation candidates.
Write-In Candidate Filing Day will be held Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Candidate Information is available on the NM Secretary of State's website: 2020 Candidate Information; or picked up in the Clerk's Office.
Absentee By Mail Voting begins Tuesday, May 5, 2020. In order to receive an absentee ballot by mail, an Absentee Ballot Application must be submitted to the Clerk's Office prior to 5:00pm on Friday, May 29, 2020. Applications may be obtained at the Curry County Clerk's Office, mailed to voters by request by calling 575-763-5591, or, submitted online at www.nmvote.org. Completed Absentee Voting Materials must be returned by 7:00pm on Election Day.
Absentee In-Person “Early” Voting will take place at the Curry County Administrative Complex at 417 Gidding from 8:00 am–6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, beginning May 5 through May 29, as well as Saturday, May 30, from 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
Early Voting will also be available at the North Plains Mall – Police Substation (2809 N Prince St) beginning May 16 through May 30, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday (Closed Sundays and Mondays).
Election Day - June 2, 2020 - Polls will be open from 7:00am - 7:00pm
Eligible Curry County voters may vote at any of the polling locations, also known as voting convenience centers, listed below:
Colonial Golf Course, 1300 Colonial Parkway, Clovis, NM
Youth Recreation Building, 1504 E 7th Street, Clovis, NM
Roy Walker Community Center, 316 W 2nd Street, Clovis, NM
Farmer’s Electric Cooperative, 3701 N Thornton Street, Clovis, NM
Curry County Road Department (Road Barn), 1006 CR 6, Clovis, NM 88101
Pleasant Hill Fire Department, 304 SR 77, Texico, NM
Grady Senior Citizens Center, 104 W Main, Grady, NM
Melrose City Hall, 105 E Avenue B, Melrose, NM
Texico Community Building, 215 N Griffin, Texico, NM
To view or update Voter Registration Information online, visit: www.nmvote.org
(This link will re-direct you to the NM Secretary of State's webpage)
Voters can update their registration information in the following ways:
- Visit the Curry County Clerk's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm;
- Request a voter registration application be mailed to you by calling, emailing, or sending a letter to the Clerk's Office;
- Online through the NM Secretary of State's Voter Portal: www.nmvote.org;
- Through other New Mexico County Clerk's Offices;
- Through a Third-Party Voter Registration Agent;
- At the MVD, Human Services Dept, libraries, colleges, universities, and voter registration drives.
Eligibility includes United States citizens who are:
- A member of the active or reserve components of the army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard of the United States who is on active duty and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the state;
- A member of the merchant marine, the commissioned corps of the public health service, the astronaut program of the national aeronautics and space administration or the commissioned corps of the national oceanic and atmospheric administration of the United States and who by reason of that service is absent from the state;
- A member on activated status of the national guard or state militia and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the member’s county of residence; or
- A spouse or dependent of a member referred to in Subsection A, B or C of this section and who, by reason of active duty or service of the member, is absent from the state; provided the spouse or dependent is an individual recognized as a spouse or dependent by the entity under which the member is serving.
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is used so qualified service members and overseas citizens can register to vote and request an absentee ballot simultaneously. The FPCA registers individuals to vote and requests absentee ballots for all elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election. FPCA form can be found at: https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca.pdf
- 2020 City of Clovis - Municipal Officer Election (March 3, 2020)
- 2020 City of Texico - Municipal Officer Election (March 3, 2020)
- 2019 Regular Local Election (November 5, 2019)
- Texico Municipal School District (Multi-County) Results (February 5, 2019)
- State of NM Election Data
Curry County Precinct and District Maps
- Curry County Commission Overview
- Curry County Commission District 1-5
- Curry County Magistrate Court Judge 1 & 2
- School Districts within Curry County
- Clovis Municipal School District Map (with index)
- Clovis Community College Board of Trustees
- Congressional District Maps
- NM State Senate District Maps
- NM House District Maps
- Notice of Absentee/Early Vote Sites
- Res. 2019-48 Designating Polling Places for All Statewide Elections 2019, 2020, and 2021
- What is a Voting Convenience Center (VCC)?
- NM Secretary of State Voter Registration FAQs
- Affidavit of Authorization - Voter Data Request (Clerk's Office requires original, signed document for processing)
For questions regarding voter registration, absentee voting, polling places, or any other election related matter, please contact the Curry County Clerk’s Office at (575) 763-5591.