Curry County Clerk's Office - Bureau of Elections
2019 Regular Local Election - Election Day: November 5, 2019
Candidate Filing Day: August 27, 2019, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Write-In Candidate Filing Day: September 3, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Declarations of Candidacy must be filed in the County Clerk's Office in which the Candidate is registered to vote.
To verify Voter Registration information, please visit www.nmvote.org.
View 2019 Regular Local Election Contests/Candidates List at NM Secretary of State Website
2019 Regular Local Election Candidate Guide (Version 1.1)
Declaration of Candidacy Form
Affidavit of Designation (if applicable)
Write-in Declaration of Candidacy Form
Withdrawal of Candidacy Form
For more information and Candidate Guide:
Absentee and Early Voting
Applications for absentee ballots may be obtained from the Curry County Clerk’s Office. Absentee by mail voting begins October 8. An Absentee Ballot Application may be requested in-person or by phone (575) 763-5591. In order to receive an absentee ballot by mail, application must be completed and accepted by the County Clerk prior to 5:00 pm on November 1.
Absentee In-Person “Early” Voting will take place at the Curry County Administrative Complex from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, beginning October 8 through November 1, as well as Saturday, November 2, from 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
Early Voting will also be available at the North Plains Mall – Police Substation (2809 N Prince St) from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, from October 19 through November 2.
Election Day Voting
On Election Day, November 5th, 2019, from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, voters will be able to cast their ballot at any of the polling locations, also known as voting convenience centers, listed below:
Colonial Golf Course, 1300 Colonial Parkway, Clovis, NM
Youth Recreation Building (YRB), 1504 E 7th Street, Clovis, NM
Roy Walker Community Center, 316 W 2nd Street, Clovis, NM
Farmer’s Electric Cooperative, 3701 N Thornton Street, Clovis, NM
Curry County Road Department (Road Barn), 1006 CR 6, Clovis, NM 88101
Pleasant Hill Fire Department, 304 SR 77, Texico, NM
Grady Senior Citizens Center, 104 W Main, Grady, NM
Melrose City Hall, 105 E Avenue B, Melrose, NM
Texico Community Building, 215 N Griffin, Texico, NM
To view or update Voter Registration Information online, visit: www.nmvote.org
(This link will re-direct you to the NM Secretary of State's webpage)
Voters can update their registration information in the following ways:
- Visit the Curry County Clerk's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm;
- Request a voter registration application be mailed to you by calling, emailing, or sending a letter to the Clerk's Office;
- Online through the NM Secretary of State's Voter Portal: www.nmvote.org;
- Through other New Mexico County Clerk's Offices;
- Through a Third-Party Voter Registration Agent;
- At the MVD, Human Services Dept, libraries, colleges, universities, and voter registration drives.
Eligibility includes United States citizens who are:
- A member of the active or reserve components of the army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard of the United States who is on active duty and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the state;
- A member of the merchant marine, the commissioned corps of the public health service, the astronaut program of the national aeronautics and space administration or the commissioned corps of the national oceanic and atmospheric administration of the United States and who by reason of that service is absent from the state;
- A member on activated status of the national guard or state militia and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the member’s county of residence; or
- A spouse or dependent of a member referred to in Subsection A, B or C of this section and who, by reason of active duty or service of the member, is absent from the state; provided the spouse or dependent is an individual recognized as a spouse or dependent by the entity under which the member is serving.
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is used so qualified service members and overseas citizens can register to vote and request an absentee ballot simultaneously. The FPCA registers individuals to vote and requests absentee ballots for all elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election. FPCA form can be found at: https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca.pdf
- Texico Municipal School District (Multi-County) Results (February 5, 2019)
- State of NM Election Data
Curry County Precinct and District Maps
- Curry County Commission Overview
- Curry County Commission District 1-5
- Curry County Magistrate Court Judge 1 & 2
- School Districts within Curry County
- Clovis Community College Board of Trustees
- Res. 2019-48 Designating Polling Places for All Statewide Elections 2019, 2020, and 2021
- What is a Voting Convenience Center (VCC)?
- NM Secretary of State Voter Registration FAQs
For questions regarding voter registration, absentee voting, polling places, or any other election related matter, please contact the Curry County Clerk’s Office at (575) 763-5591.