Curry County Clerk's Office - Bureau of Elections
2020 Municipal Officer Election Information - Election Day: March 3, 2020
City of Clovis: Please contact LeighAnn Melancon, City Clerk at 575-763-9632
Village of Texico: Please contact Carolyn Johnson, City Clerk at 575-482-3314
2020 Primary Election
The New Mexico Secretary of State shall issue a Proclamation calling for the Election on January 27, 2020.
Candidate Information can be found at the NM Secretary of State's website: 2020 Candidate Information
Candidate Filing Day - March 10, 2020 - 9:00am -5:00pm
(All non-preprimary designation candidates); Declarations are to be filed with the proper filing officer.
Absentee By Mail Voting begins Tuesday, May 5, 2020. Applications for absentee ballots may be obtained from the Curry County Clerk’s Office. and can be filled out in-person, mailed to voters by request by calling 763-5591, or, submitted online at www.nmvote.org. In order to receive an absentee ballot by mail, an Absentee Ballot Application must be completed and accepted by the County Clerk prior to 5:00 pm on Friday, May 29, 2020.
Absentee In-Person “Early” Voting will take place at the Curry County Administrative Complex from 8:00 am–6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, beginning May 5 through May 29, as well as Saturday, May 30, from 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
Early Voting will also be available at the North Plains Mall – Police Substation (2809 N Prince St) from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, from May 16 through May 30.
Election Day - June 2, 2020 - Polls will be open from 7:00am - 7:00pm
Eligible Curry County voters may vote at any of the polling locations, also known as voting convenience centers, listed below:
Colonial Golf Course, 1300 Colonial Parkway, Clovis, NM
Youth Recreation Building, 1504 E 7th Street, Clovis, NM
Roy Walker Community Center, 316 W 2nd Street, Clovis, NM
Farmer’s Electric Cooperative, 3701 N Thornton Street, Clovis, NM
Curry County Road Department (Road Barn), 1006 CR 6, Clovis, NM 88101
Pleasant Hill Fire Department, 304 SR 77, Texico, NM
Grady Senior Citizens Center, 104 W Main, Grady, NM
Melrose City Hall, 105 E Avenue B, Melrose, NM
Texico Community Building, 215 N Griffin, Texico, NM
To view or update Voter Registration Information online, visit: www.nmvote.org
(This link will re-direct you to the NM Secretary of State's webpage)
Voters can update their registration information in the following ways:
- Visit the Curry County Clerk's Office Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm;
- Request a voter registration application be mailed to you by calling, emailing, or sending a letter to the Clerk's Office;
- Online through the NM Secretary of State's Voter Portal: www.nmvote.org;
- Through other New Mexico County Clerk's Offices;
- Through a Third-Party Voter Registration Agent;
- At the MVD, Human Services Dept, libraries, colleges, universities, and voter registration drives.
Eligibility includes United States citizens who are:
- A member of the active or reserve components of the army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard of the United States who is on active duty and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the state;
- A member of the merchant marine, the commissioned corps of the public health service, the astronaut program of the national aeronautics and space administration or the commissioned corps of the national oceanic and atmospheric administration of the United States and who by reason of that service is absent from the state;
- A member on activated status of the national guard or state militia and who by reason of that active duty is absent from the member’s county of residence; or
- A spouse or dependent of a member referred to in Subsection A, B or C of this section and who, by reason of active duty or service of the member, is absent from the state; provided the spouse or dependent is an individual recognized as a spouse or dependent by the entity under which the member is serving.
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is used so qualified service members and overseas citizens can register to vote and request an absentee ballot simultaneously. The FPCA registers individuals to vote and requests absentee ballots for all elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election. FPCA form can be found at: https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca.pdf
- 2019 Regular Local Election (November 5, 2019)
- Texico Municipal School District (Multi-County) Results (February 5, 2019)
- State of NM Election Data
Curry County Precinct and District Maps
- Curry County Commission Overview
- Curry County Commission District 1-5
- Curry County Magistrate Court Judge 1 & 2
- School Districts within Curry County
- Clovis Municipal School District Map (with index)
- Clovis Community College Board of Trustees
- Congressional District Maps
- NM State Senate District Maps
- NM House District Maps
- Res. 2019-48 Designating Polling Places for All Statewide Elections 2019, 2020, and 2021
- What is a Voting Convenience Center (VCC)?
- NM Secretary of State Voter Registration FAQs
- Affidavit of Authorization - Voter Data Request (Clerk's Office requires original, signed document for processing)
For questions regarding voter registration, absentee voting, polling places, or any other election related matter, please contact the Curry County Clerk’s Office at (575) 763-5591.