Notice of Meeting
The Curry County OSAP Coalition will not be holding its regular monthly meeting until further notice pursuant to the Covid-19 public health emergency directive issued by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.
The Office of Substance Abuse Prevention (OSAP) is dedicated to improving and maximizing the impact of Curry County’s substance abuse prevention system. To this end, OSAP seeks to build the capacity of the county’s local prevention providers to deliver effective prevention services aimed at reducing alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse. The OSAP establishes an integrated and comprehensive substance abuse prevention services delivery system through the promotion of sound policy, effective practice and cooperative partnerships to ensure the availability of quality prevention. It is committed to the implementation of evidence-based prevention programs and infrastructure development activities. The OSAP provides the infrastructure and other necessary support to local stakeholders in selecting and implementing policies, programs, and practices proven to be effective in research settings and communities.
Strategic Prevention Framework
The Strategic Prevention Framework uses a five-step planning process to guide states, jurisdictions, tribes, and communities in the selection, implementation, and evaluation of effective, culturally appropriate, and sustainable prevention activities.
The SPF process:
- Promotes youth development
- Reduces risk-taking behaviors
- Builds assets and resilience
- Prevents problem behaviors across the life span of the programs
The idea behind the SPF is to use findings from public health research along with evidence-based prevention programs to build capacity and sustainable prevention. This, in turn, promotes resilience and decreases risk factors in individuals, families, and communities.
SPF steps requires Curry County to systematically:
- Assess prevention needs based on epidemiological data
- Build prevention capacity
- Develop a strategic plan
- Implement effective community prevention programs, policies, and practices
- Evaluate efforts for outcomes
Forms and Documents
- Minutes: December 11, 2019
- Agenda: December 11, 2019
- Minutes: November 12, 2019
- Agenda: November 12, 2019